It has been said, “To keep the faith, we must know the faith.” We encourage all those attending NAB churches to study the Word of God. Dig deep. Ask questions. Know what you believe. We have briefly outlined below several key beliefs that are essential to being North American Baptist. This brief outline of beliefs does not include references or details which can be found in the fuller Statement of Beliefs of our NAB Conference. For that detailed document, please click here: http://www.nabconference.org/
1. We believe the Bible is God’s Word given by divine inspiration, the record of God’s revelation of Himself to humanity. The Bible is trustworthy, sufficient, and without error – the supreme authority and guide for all doctrine and conduct.
2. We believe in the one living and true Triune God, perfect in wisdom, sovereignty, holiness, justice, mercy and love. God exists eternally in three coequal persons who act together in creation, providence and redemption – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe God created an order of spiritual beings called angels to serve Him and do His will. Some angels, called demons, rebelled against God under their leader Satan, and now work to destroy humanity.
4. We believe God created man in His own image to have fellowship with Himself and to be steward over His creation. However, each human being is born with a sinful nature and needs to be reconciled to God.
5. We believe salvation is redemption by Christ of the whole person from sin and death. This free gift of salvation is offered to each person and must be received personally through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.
6. We believe the Church is the body of which Christ is the head and all who believe in Him are members.
7. We believe religious liberty, rooted in Scripture, is the inalienable right of all individuals to freedom of conscience with ultimate accountability to God.
8. We believe Christians, individually and collectively, are salt and light in society.
9. We believe God, in His own time and in His own way, will bring all things to their appropriate end and establish the new heaven and the new earth.
Chilliwack Baptist is part of a fellowship of churches that work together promoting church growth and health as well as pastoral relationships and accountability. This Association of churches is called British Columbia Association of North American Baptist Churches and for information on who we are and what we do please click on this link. http://www.bcnabc.ca/